Sorry! I am here in spirit even though I haven't been in game much. I am hoping patch 4.1 gives us somthing to do. You can also always reach me practically immediately by email.
Let's continue to do our fun nights like drunken raid nights and to communicate on Facebook. If you want to run something, drop a not on Facebook and we will set it up! Yay!
Wishing you all a very happy holiday season!
It is close folks! Next week in fact! While I have been having a ton of fun leveling my new warlock (Tirisifal and Silverpine FTW), I can't wait to level Dierna up to 85. Expect to see us online at Midnight on the 7th. In the meantime, we have one more shot at LK for those of you that aren't Kingslayers on Thursday night! Hope to see you there!
Today is one of the big days! Today Blizz is dropping the 4.0.1 patch. With the patch comes a ton of goodies including guild leveling, a new talent system, a new glyph system, in game power auras, a new raid lockout system and other changes. It also means our UI's are going to be borked and we have to re-do our talent trees since they have changed completely.
Over the next few days, I hope that you take the time to fix all your stuff. On Thursday, we will be hitting up ICC25 to try to down some bosses. I hope to continue that run on 10man this weekend since they will share lockouts now.
Fun stuff this Friday! Drunken Raid Night is returning! At 8:30pm on Friday, we are going to be running some old school raids. If you haven't done this before, it is a fun time. This will also help with leveling our guild so we can unlock all those tasty rewards.
Speaking of guild leveling, try to run your randoms with guildies. If you run a dungeon with 4/5 guild members, it gives guild XP. Gotta love that!
Hope to see you all online.
Dierna (not a tree anymore! :( )
Welcome to your new guild site! This post is meant to introduce you to some of the features and customization options you have on this site. You can add new posts using the "Add a Post" button at the top of the page. If you are a guild administrator, you can delete this post from your Control Panel.
To help you get started, here are just some of the features that you should make sure to try out. You can enable each of these features from your Control Panel.
- Guild Recruitment is an extremely useful tool for advertising to visitors that you are looking for new members. In addition, if you enable recruitment, your guild will appear in the WowStead Guild Recruitment Tool, where users can easily find information about your recruiting needs.
- To enable recruitment, first make sure the the 'Guild Recruitment' module is enabled from the General Settings page of the Control Panel. After enabling the module, go to the Recruitment page of the Control Panel. You'll find this link in the 'Site Features' section. From this page simply check the 'Currently Recruiting' checkbox and click the 'Save' button.
- To enable the calendar, first make sure the module is enabled from the General Settings page of the Control Panel. Then go to the Calendar page of the Control Panel.
- On this page, you can create new calendar events by selecting the 'New Events' button at the top of the page. You can also sync your guild calendar with a character's in-game calendar by using the WowArmory's calendar feed tool. To do so, simply follow the instructions below the calendar.
- Wowstead allows you to easily download commonly used addons directly from your guild site! To enable this, make sure the module from the General Settings page of the Control Panel. Then go to the Addons page of the Control Panel.
- WowStead's progression tool allows site visitors to see your guild's progress in an easily summarized fashion.
Customizing Your Site
Even though Wowstead requires very little initial setup, you are still given a number of powerful tools to personalize and customize your guild site.
Wowstead Content Management System (CMS)
The Wowstead CMS is an incredibly powerful tool that lets you create pages, posts, FAQs, galleries and other content for your site.
You can access the CMS by going to the control panel and accessing the control pages under "News & Media".
Layout, Theme & Widget Placement
- You can easily change your site's layout, theme and widget placement by going to the Customize Site page of the Control Page in the 'Site Configuration' section.
To rename your guild ranks, simply go to the Ranks & Permissions page of the control panel, inh the 'Guild Management' section.
- Wowstead can detect the number of active ranks in your guild. The ranks are defaulted to Guild Master (Rank 0) and Rank 1 through Rank 9 - where Rank 1 is the highest and Rank 9 is the lowest. You can determine what site permissions a rank has using the Manage Permissions button to the right of a given rank. Users will be automatically granted site permissions based on the in-game rank of their character.
- You can create custom ranks using the "Create New Role" button in the upper right of the Ranks & Permissions control page. Custom ranks can be used to assign privilege to guild members in addition to their default guild rank permissions.
- You can edit your site's navigation menu by going to the Navigation page of the Control Panel, in the 'Site Configuration' section. Here, you can create and edit navigation links, or restrict them to certain guild ranks and create new links.
'I'm not wasting time, (insert appropriate endearment here)! Im learning valuable survival skills."
I doubt this would fly for some of us to use as an excuse to play WoW. But as the boy in this news article found out, he might be able to use it much more effectively than us. My wife sent me this link and I hope you all enjoy it. Cheers!
HLS had a good run into ICC 10. The team had a pretty smooth run and was able to reach Putricide without too many issues. They entered the the Mad Scientist's domain and battled back and forth for a chance to claim victory. After several volleys, HLS proved to be up to the challenge and downed the Maker of Filth. Nice work Team!!!
And just to reiterate the danger, please protect your account. We had another guildie get hacked. Please do all you can to keep this from happening to you.
Over the past couple weeks, guildies have had there accounts hacked. I am not certain of the extent of damage, but it has been extensive. Besides the missing gold and items, the potential for identity theft, as they can possibly access all of your account information, is significant. I wanted to bring this to your attention to increase your awareness. Do everything you can to protect your account. First, do not give out any of your account information. Second, be careful of add-on sites, even those that have been known to be trusted. If you don't already have one, authenticators are another great tool.
It is sad that we have to resort to this level of awareness just to play a game. But we are living in a world where nothing is safe. Let us all be careful and watch out for each other.
We are continuing to raid on Thursdays and Friday nights. Thursday is for the weekly and ToC10 (hope to switch to ToGC anytime now). Friday is for ICC10. We usually throw in an OS3d10 zerg every once in a while on Thursday. If you want to come sign up here, on the ingame calendar or drop Dierna, Zarrloc, Miasmicmonky or Oded a note. Just remember you can always contact Dierna by email. It is listed in the guild info tab! Hope to see you raiding!
We had a great run into ICC last Friday. After clearing the first 3 fights, we found ourselves standing in front of Deathbringer. Well instead of him bringing our deaths, we brought his! And just under his enrage timer.
Unfortunately one PUG left our group right after Saurfang. We still proceded to clear a bit of trash and cleared the mini boss right before the Dreamwalker. We are really looking forward to this Friday's venture into the Lich King's stronghold. So be prepared with flasks, pots, food, and stratagies on how to down the next few bosses.
This Thursday we will be running the Weekly and ToC 10. If you need help getting geared up for any of our runs, please don't hesitate asking for help. The more members who are geared, the less we have to PUG. So come out and have some fun.
Our venture into ICC on Friday and Sunday was a good one. We were able to down Lord Marrowgar and Lady Deathwhisper without too many problems. The Airship battle presented some challenges, both with the actual fight and with a bug one of our party members was experiencing. But after doing some problem solving and reassigning, the Horde was victorious and we were able to move onto Deathbringer. Deathbringer showed us some of our weaknesses and we are all bent on improving our game for the next round.
To give us some more time in ICC, we will start doing the Weekly raid on Thursday along with ToC 10. Fridays will be reserved for ICC 10 and VoA 10. Look to your ingame calendar to sign up for these events. Come out and lets have some fun!!
Hey all! I thought I would get off my duff and actually post a new article so the website doesn't look so dated.
FYI! On Friday at our regular raid time we will be running a PUG Naxx-25 to get down the weekly and then will be taking a select group into ICC10 for progression.
Also, I hate writing! I do not like it at all! Anyone want to become our Guild Resident writer? I have screenshots of every boss kill, I just need someone to write articles to go with them for our website. Volunteers will get free stuff from the officers with every article they post. PST Dierna if you are interested!
HLS went into Ulduar this week and kicked some ass! On Wednesday, we went in and cleared Flame Leviathan, XT, Kolo, and Auriaya in record time. We then worked on Hodir and finally got him down this time also receiving two acheivements in the process. We then decided to go have a peek at Thorim. Little did we know that we would one - shot him the minute we figured out how to open the door. On Friday, we cobbled together a group and went in to work on Freya! After multiple tries all the pieces fell in place and down she came.
If anyone has a Freya kill shot, please post it in the gallery and I will put it up here.
I have extended the raid lock out and I will be handpicking a team to go work on Mimiron, General Vezax and Yogg Saron. I will send out invites to everyone so if you can make the raid time and want to go, please accept the invitation, I will then assemble the best team based on gear, class balance, and player skill. Looking forward to seeing you all in Ulduar.
We held a guild meeting on Aug 4 at 6pm on our vent channel. During the meeting, there was constructive dialogue about the state of the guild and new expectations of our raiders. The guild notes have been posted at http://hordelandsecurity.wowstead.com/forums/thread/96.
Just wanted to let you all know that authenticators are in stock in the blizz store. You can find them at http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100000622 for US versions and at http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100000623 for Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Latin America. These authenticators make you unhackable unless you are really stupid and give out the code to them. If you are an officer or want to be an officer, you are required to be rocking an authenticator.
I want to thank and congratulate everyone one a successful first foray into Ulduar 25. We downed Flame Leviathan, Razorscale and Deconstructor all with one shots. While some of the kills were close to the enrange timer, we did it! Thanks everyone for being such great team members and working so well together!
I just want to congratulate everyone who was with us on downing Naxx-25 this week. We had awesome PUGs and actually had a few of them join us. We are really growing and getting content down! yay!
Just wanted to congratulate everyone on downing all of Naxx10 in one night! Yay! What an accomplishment you guys. With that said, to continue to gear ourselves up for Ulduar we may run Naxx-25 PUGs in addition to our Naxx10 runs on Wednesday and Saturdays. If you want to go, please drop Dierna or Oded a note!
Just wanted to let you all know that I have changed the skin on our website to make our scheduled events pop more. I may change it again, if I find one I like better that also makes it apparent when events are scheduled.